• Lives in Lincoln, Nebraska
• Influenced by European earthenware pottery and porcelain traditions from
the 13th through the 18th centuries.
• Primarily creates functional objects, such as dishes and serving bowls.
• I like how Kendall creates her work with a specific meaning and use, not
separating the art and culture behind her work.
• In the future, I would like to create functional pieces like Kendall has that can
be used on a daily basis.
- Originally from the California Bay Area.
- Graduated from the University of Washington and Ohio University.
- Bivins makes highly functional handmade objects with minimal aesthetics.
- I am inspired by the simplicity and effectiveness of Bivins’ creations. I really like the unique geometrical shape of his pieces.
- For my future designs, I want to try to glaze my artwork in a way similar to how Bivins glazes his pieces. The simple way Bivins glazes his pieces is very visually effective.
- Lives in Bethel, Maine.
- Grover is a functional potter, creating thrown and altered porcelain pieces.
- I really like how Grover creates some of her pieces in themed sets with a similar design and glaze color.
- In the future, I would like to try and glaze and design my pieces in a subtle, yet meaningful way, similar to Grover’s work.